Friday, June 11, 2010

Bee Gods

Picked up a new top bar hive designed and made by my friend Skye today. When I arrived home my neighbor came over and excitedly told me there was a new swarm in my lilac bush........ I couldn't believe my eyes!!!! There was a beautiful big swarm not too far off of the ground! I set up the new hive under them and started my smoker (which I don't think I really needed as all it did was agitate them). Good neighbor Duane offered to cut the branches so I could just shake them into the box, which was a huge help. I located the queen who had a yellow dot on her back and made sure she made it into the hive. At dusk they were still in the hive so I am cautiously optimistic!!! The Bee Gods were smiling on me today and I am thankful. (The only thing was I was so excited I didn't take pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment