Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Saying goodbye


The bees are less and less visible now. They are going within. Good reminder for me to be in the flow; slow down, rest, explore my interior world and plan for the spring. Bought 4 more bales of straw today and finished the wind block around the Greeting Garden hive. They are the Georgia bees and I don't think they are sure about this Catskill Mountains cold, but they are as protected as they can be. Put an entrance reducer on the Barn Garden hive and noticed that they had propolized the vent except for a tiny little bee sized hole. (3/8", I'm sure) They are still feeding heavily. The mountain bees from the Woodstock hive are pretty nonchalant and were feeding in the "western vestibule" (empty end of the tbh), enjoying the afternoon sun. I miss seeing them and think about them gathering into their winter cluster, shuddering their little wings to stay warm. I can't imagine life without them.....

No comments:

Post a Comment